Lana’s Blueberry Bread Pudding
Blueberry season is coming to an end soon. So, I am taking advantage of them while they are still here! Bread pudding has always been a favorite dessert of mine. It is surprisingly easy to make and a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
What you need:
Baguette- cut into squares
3/4 Cup of Fresh Blueberries
3/4 cup of gratulated Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 teaspoon Nutmeg or/and Cinnamon
4 eggs beaten
2 cups of half and half
4 tablespoons of butter-melted and cooled
Honey and warm milk or cream for garnish and taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Fold together in a large bowl the cubed bread, blueberries, and melted butter. Set aside.
3. Mix together the eggs, sugar, nutmeg or cinninom, vanilla extrat and cream in another bowl.
4. Scoop bread mixture into the ramekins
5. Pour egg mixture over the bread in each ramekin.
6. With a fork push down on the bread letting it soak up the egg mixture.
7. Bake in oven for 40 minutes or when ready.
Drizzle honey and warm cream on top!
Serves about 4
Note: I wish I had made a hot honey-blueberry sauce that could be drizzled on top! Next time, next time!